Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Be Productive

Well it's another day here in January 2016. This month has gone by ridiculously fast. I can't believe it's already the 19th. I am almost done with the first thing on my to do list for the year. Now that I have the start to a good portfolio, next to do is get busy promoting my work. I will be more aggressive in showing locally and hopefully out of state. Send me positive vibes.

Now lets get to the reason I am here today. I'm posting a work I recently completed. He currently doesn't have a name and consists of graphite, charcoal, white pencil, and matte medium on watercolor paper. I found working on paper a little quicker and fun. I usually just use paper in the process of making ink transfers but decided to use it as my surface. I applied thin layers of medium and lightly added charcoal powder to some areas. I tried to avoid making areas too dense with charcoal, so the small buildup of texture would show within the work. This guy is a start to my paper/small works. I am going to try my hardest to make works weekly along with my body of work. I find it difficult to paint sometimes with my job but I must keep myself productive.

I will create!




   


Untitled
11&1/4" x 10"
Mixed Media on Watercolor Paper


No comments:

Post a Comment