Thursday, February 25, 2016

Trinity River and Ray Guns

It's already Thursday and I've had this saved for a couple weeks. My friend reminded me Monday night of posting it. I've been so out of it lately, I'm finally getting around to it. I have been drawing, though. So I thought I could add a couple works to the other two I was originally going to post.


Two weeks ago on my day off, I went out to the Trinity River close to town. It was just so nice out I had to take advantage of the day. I made a couple of quick sketches on my endeavor before I got sidetracked by people watching. I feel sketching is a good way to get myself back into painting, since I really haven't had the motivation to paint. I just need that feeling of wanting to paint. Forcing it just leads to hating what I'm making and throwing it away. Any who, I can feel I'm starting to get back in it. In the meantime, here are the two quick sketches.


The other drawings I'm posting along with this post, came about from my friend and his many projects. He was giving out stickers to those who made him a ray gun. In my excitement, I ended up making more than just one. I had to really like it.

The one on the right is still in progress.
It just didn't make the cut.

   


This was the one.


No comments:

Post a Comment