Thursday, October 15, 2015

Finding My Marbles

Well, I am a sad ranger fan today, but I know we will be good next year. It was a great season guys. You cant make errors in a must win game, and we made three in a row. It hurts my heart to see errors. You baseball players out there, KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE BALL! You can't make a play unless you have the ball. This advice goes a long way.

On a brighter note I am back to make another post today. I am trying to have a productive work week. I know blogging is not painting, however it is working, and I will get some painting in tonight.

Today's post is part of my duck series. I have a plethora of photos regarding the process I use to make my paintings. So, yall get to see my thought process as I go through my work and how I change things to my liking and style from my reference photos.






Photo process for the work
 
 paint is so sexy









The brighter blue photos are taken by my phone. I just couldn't get it to pick up the blue. The light by the window may have had an affect on picture too.










 I love taping off the images and cutting them out with an x-acto knife in the painting. I want it to protrude out from the flat surface. A nice hard edge makes me excited. I also like when people look closer to see the defined line. I want you to have the urge to touch the work.





 
 

 Finding My Marbles
Acrylic on Cotton Sheet
48"x24"
2014




 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment