Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Baby Blankets & Summer Sketches

It's been a while but I have been painting my face off and my usual anxious procrastination for finishing a piece. I will hopefully be able to take some good pictures soon. It's in the clearing process. Today it actually looks more murky than when I finished it Monday night. Oh well, I just need it to look decent in a week or so for application pics. Today's post is not about painting but mostly the things I did in the summer, which consisted mostly of baby blanket making, maybe a couple sketches, and pool cleaning blah.
 
I am going to highlight my baby blankets in this post. I made two this summer for two really awesome mamas. I make them all by hand. I sketch out the images from one of the themes they've chosen. In these works the first theme is The Fox & the Hound and the second is Finding Nemo. Each blanket takes me about a month to make since having a full time job cuts into my work haha. I did get them done, though. So, now you get to see what I made!
 
 
 
 
Sketching out a floral print.

 
Gato is definitely bored with me.
 

 
 
 
Wren name sketches. I embroidered her name on the back of the blanket.
 

 
 
 
 
Wren's Baby Blanket
 
 
 
 
 
 Everest's Baby Blanket
 
 
 
I'm pretty sure I have other small drawings but I must not have them uploaded. Oh well, here are the only two I could find.

No comments:

Post a Comment