Friday, November 20, 2015

Commission of Jimmy Page with Les Paul

So, yesterday was a struggle trying to complete anything of substance. I kept going back and forth like a crazy person. I did get some work in on my current piece and I also have a terrible rough draft for a statement of purpose. I am happy I got some things on my list done, though. Also, since I needed to gather images in my list of things to accomplish I thought I would post the next work.
 
Another commission piece I completed this year is Jimmy Page with his Les Paul. This guy was a pain in my side. I have to say I am not huge fan of painting guitars. It took me a while to complete this work. Not only because of the detail, but I just couldn't motivate myself some days. I also have to work which always slows me down. I feel non art related work sucks the motivation of painting away. I go to work with a plan in my head saying, "when I get home I'm going to paint." Then I get home, change into my comfy painting clothes, and sit for a sec. The sitting for second turns into hours sometimes. I don't know how that happens but it does. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. Any who, I digress, back to Jimmy. It took me about two and a half months to complete but I did it! Now y'all get to see the process. Have a good Friday.



 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 


 

 
 

 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment