Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Ravish

Well it's Tuesday and I'm at home. My knee is kicking my butt today. So, while I'm trying to stay off of it for the day I thought I should be productive with my free time.

My post today involves a mini watercolor I completed sometime last week. I was going to do it this weekend, but I get easily distracted like any other artist haha.
In case y'all didn't know, I love patterns and text. So, why not put them together. I was inspired by a color palette from the 50's while searching through patterns. I wanted the word to be something you wouldn't expect for the pattern. My awesome friend, Elaine, helped me come up with choosing the right word. She knows how much I love the word, Ravish. As soon as she said it, I was like that's it! That's the one!
 On that happy note, here is my small work and its process.

Process Pics




 pencil, gouache and ink

Ravish 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment