Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Moving to Greensboro

Now that I'm a little more settled in Greensboro, I can tell y'all more about my road trip here.

I have to say it's been quite an adventure. I had an eight-teen hour drive with a small dog, a cat and an awesome friend who dealt with my grumpiness throughout the drive. It made the trip so much better having someone with me! I wouldn't change anything. Crazy memories I will never forget. Especially when I drove a uhaul through Loretta Lynn's ranch. I probably shouldn't have done that but it was worth the some of the scary moments and crazy looks as we drove by other cars on a small road out. The views were beautiful. I have never seen anything like it before. Although, I was slightly terrified when I had to drive down a huge mountain with my uhaul, but we survived. If you have the chance to take a road trip, Tennessee has some beautiful views. Just make sure you find a good hotel to stay. I also got to see the huge peach sculpture in Gaffney, South Carolina. I have to say when I got here I was overwhelmed and slightly scared, but its something huge. So I guess it's a normal reaction to feel that way at first.

Now, I am pretty much settled in my house. I keep adjusting things as time passes. On the days I choose to stay home from the studio(not very much) I'll read and do things around the house to make it feel more homely. Classes are what I thought they would be, very intense. I don't know how people can retain so much information. I guess it just takes time. The animals are doing well and have adjusted nicely to the house.

 Travel pets
 Left: Driving into Tennessee from Arkansas
Right: Driving through the hills of Tennessee
This was in the restroom at Champy's in Tennessee

Left: Tennessee River
Right: Hotel room in Tennessee. I had to put Gato on a leash because she kept trying to go under the disgusting bed.


Georgia
Stopped in Georgia to visit a friend on the way and they took us to see Stone Mountain. We didn't get to climb because it was so late but the area around the mountain was beautiful too!




   



On to South Carolina

 The Peach in Gaffney

North Carolina
Home






Me in my second home. My studio.

 Ceiling of my studio is beautiful





No comments:

Post a Comment