Monday, November 9, 2015

Nightlights

Hello all on this cool November Monday here in Fort Worth, Texas. Hope you are all having a good start to the week. It's been kind of a rough day for me. I've had this unpleasant pain in my neck/upper back the past couple of days, making it nearly impossible to paint. This morning was about the same. I tried to make a doctors appointment, but unfortunately, they didn't call back. It might have been too late, but tomorrow morning it will happen! So, I just got some meds from the store for the time being. It seems to be helping alleviate a lot of the discomfort to be able to function. All I could think of is how uncomfortable I felt and it was driving me crazy!! Since I'm feeling somewhat better, I thought I would be productive while being up haha.
 
This post is for a small work from my duck series. This little guy is a picture of nightlight one of my best friends gave me. She knows my affinity for rubber ducks. When I decided to make this piece, I wanted to use tissue to see how light would shine through when adhering it to a wood frame. I applied coats of medium to help strengthen the tissue as a support for the painting. I taped and sealed off a 1&1/2inch boarder over the front and then painted the image. In one of the pictures you can see where I added the light to illuminate the background. Nightlight of a nightlight was the main objective and also, just for a fun experiment.
 

 


Nightlights
Acrylic and tissue paper adhered to wood frame
8&1/2"x8&1/2"
2015
 
 
Sohiptobeasquare        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment