Thursday, September 10, 2015

Constant Gallery West UTA 2012





This post is based on the two person show my friend/great artist Alyssa Hawkins-Heeter and I landed in 2012. The show was titled, "Constant," and exhibited in Gallery West at UTA. I feel we influence each other so much with our work ethic our actual work flowed together very well. This show is a good example of it. Hope yall enjoy.

This show was very important because it allowed me to visually see how I was going to display my work. It was challenging to figure out how to create the supports I wanted and keep everything flowing throughout the body of work. It's all about space and symmetry with the show. If something is off, it impacts the environment I'm creating for my body of work. I want you to be affected solely by the works and not something so minuscule it could've been avoided in the first place.

There was a lot of measuring involved.



Install day(Above)

Complete(Below) 




 




 



This work is by Alyssa Hawkins-Heeter(above)
I am sad to say I don't remember the titles but they were completed in 2011.








This is the same painting. You can see how it is affected in different lighting. Also, the lower left hand corner has a murky look to it, it's because it was still drying 4 months after being completed.


https://youtu.be/PkWD-YdcgLo

I hope yall enjoyed the show ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment