Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Process

post it! post IT!! POST IT!!! Is what I'm doing here to catch up and show my work. Today's blog will be based on some of the works created in advanced painting spring 2011. The approach of these works are more directed on the presentation of the pieces and how they are affected by the surfaces as well. They were being created at the same time as the mixed media pieces in yesterday's post. I thought I would give them their own blog since they are from two different classes.
Studies
 Paper, ink, charcoal and medium on canvas.
24"x36"
2011
Studies
Ink on wood panel
24"x 36"
2011
Sorry for the bad lighting. I don't know where these paintings are to reshoot. :/



Untitled(grandpa1)
ink and pouring medium suspended from fishing wire
30"x 30"
2011
This piece(above) is the most significant in changing the way I wanted to display my body of work in the future. It was completed right before the work(homage to Agnes Martin). I knew I wanted it to be viewed from all sides but I didn't really care for the style in which this work is hung. I wanted them to look well supported. So that's when I came up with the outer wood frame for the other painting. I do like this display but It requires lots of space and more support. Which at that time, I didn't know much about. I may bring it back... who knows. 

I'm not crazy, just dedicated to my process. :)

 4"x 4" squares

Back view 
Untitled(grandpa2)
Ink, paint, and acrylic medium adhered to cotton sheet
84"x84"
2011






No comments:

Post a Comment