Sunday, September 6, 2015

Self-Portrait 2010

So glad it's Sunday! It is a short work day and tomorrow is my day off. Hope y'all are enjoying the morning. This next work I'm posting was the final piece for my fall semester of painting 2010. Using acrylic mediums to manipulate other materials over raw canvas was an exciting experiment. It gave me the best results for what I'd been trying to convey for my body of work throughout the semester. This self-portrait is very personal to me. I am using the duck as a reflection of my past. Employing the duck in my work brings a nostalgic atmosphere, but at the same time brings up other memories in my adolescent life that was not so great.
Untitled: Self-portrait
Medium: Acrylic medium, paint, ink, and charcoal on canvas
Size: 48"x48"
2010
Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment