Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Watercolor Studies

Bringing you more work. This blog is some work from my fall water media course 2011. Working with water color was fun but somewhat difficult. It has a mind of its own. I do like a challenge from time to time. You tend to work in reverse when layering shades, which I found out in this first little study below.
Study of portrait
Watercolor on paper
8"x12"

Still life study
Watercolor on paper
 
This study breaks my heart every time I see it. The year the Rangers should have taken out Nelson Cruz in the 9th(game6 of the WS) for defensive reasons, and Ron let him stay in the game. So sad. One day we will be there again(maybe this year... think+).
Gouache on paper



Monoprint studies

Monoprint Untitled
Watercolor on paper
 
Study for series
watercolor on yupo paper
24"x16"
This style is will be discussed in the next blog for the series. As you can see it's different from the pixilated images. I thought this was an exciting experiment leading to the next metamorphosis in my work.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment