Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Shift

I love not having to set my alarm on my day off. Even if I get up at the same time, just knowing I don't have to be in a hurry anywhere is the best! Any who, back to business. So this post is important because it shows the major shift in my work. All these works were created in advanced painting fall 2011. Just about everything changes except for the fact the works are based on people and the materials used have more meaning to the subject. I decided to go away from using the image; it just seemed to be too distracting for me to look beyond it. My goal now was to convey the emotions of the person/persons I was thinking about, what memories came to mind with them, and how they affected my past or present by using grids, color, and materials within the work. I am going to post two blogs of these works. The first will be close ups of the works and the second will be how they should be viewed in a gallery setting.
Mother
Ink, Paint, Paper, Graphite, and Pouring medium on plexiglass
16"x24"
 

Seattle
Ink, Paint, and Matte medium on plexiglass
16"x 24"

You out there
Ink, Graphite, and Acrylic medium on plexiglass
16"x24"

My painting neighbor
Paint, Graphite, Ink, Matte and Pouring medium on plexiglass
Ink, Graphite, and Acrylic medium on plexiglass
16"x24"
 

Ava Bear
Ink, Paint, Graphite, Paper, and Gloss medium on Plexiglass and Paper
40"x40"(with frame)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment