Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ice Queen

Happy late I'm drinking tasty wine Tuesday! Any who, todays post was a small fun experiment/gift for an awesome friend. I am also paying homage to an incredible artist, Ed Ruscha. He is one of the first artists whos work I ever fell in love with. I kind of have a thing for sexy text! :D When I worked at the Modern Art Museum of the Fort Worth, they installed a permanent piece of his called "Ice Princess." I started working on this little guy to see how much depth I can get within my layers. It was fun to create something that didn't have to have some crazy concept attached to it. It was just for seeing the process of layers.









It was still drying.
Homage to Ruscha
Spray paint, paint, pouring medium on tissue paper adhered to wood frame
10"x10"
2013

Ed Ruscha
"Ice Princess"
68"x68"
1990


No comments:

Post a Comment